The NP Drumfilter is ideal for use in aquaculture applications as well as industrial and municipal water and waste-water treatment. The filter design ensures careful handling of solids, essential to achieve the high filtration efficiency required in many applications.
The improvements cover both the design and manufacturing stages, improving filtration performance whilst lowering investment, as well as operating and maintenance costs.
To ensure the highest standards of quality and quick delivery, all design work and manufacturing takes place in Sweden.
Why is it better?
The development work leading up to the new NP Drumfilter covers the basic design principles, as well as a large number of detail refinements. For example:
- Drum design with support shaft and slide centre bearings at each end – improved structural integrity, reduced over-all weight and long life bearings help reduce investment and operational costs. (A)
Increased drum length-to-diameter ratio – provides an increase in peak solids loading capacity. (A)
- Peripheral drive arrangement with lubricant-free non-metallic chain – reduced stress on the drum structure and drive arrangement, leading to reduced maintenance costs. (B)
- Choice of modular filter panel designs: PG panel with polypropylene grid for applications where delicate solids are lifted into the backwash trough by the grid structure, and the PL panel with 8% larger open filter area, ideal for municipal tertiary treatment applications. Comparison tests show quicker lifting-out of particles and less lifting-out of water. (C)
- Single GRP access cover with stainless steel gas struts and safety switch – enhanced safety and access in service and maintenance. (D)
- Improved control panels – maximized energy efficiency with frequency controls for both motors and human-machine interface (HMI) allowing simple programming for site-specific parameters and data archive and analysis. (E)
- Modular design – increases manufacturing efficiency leading to reduced initial purchase cost and improved delivery periods.
- Integral emergency bypass – avoids the costs of an external bypass structure and protects the drumfilter from overloading.
- Freestanding stainless steel tank version (left)
- Stainless steel frame version (middle)
- GRP tank version (right)
2000 mm diameter:
Sizes: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 sections
1600 mm diameter:
Sizes: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 sections
1200 mm diameter:
Sizes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 sections
800 mm diameter:
Sizes: 1, 2, 3 and 4 sections
600 mm diameter:
Sizes: 1 section only
NP prefilter can be used in the several applications Integrated in the drum and disk filter installations. Wedge wire surface with frequency regulated scraper and maintenance free composite driveline.
The NP prefilter ensures removal of coarser particles. It also Acts as a fish barrier, preventing fish from entering the filter system. It also filters out sea lice, and can be used purely for this purpose.
- Filters out coarser particles
- Acts as a fish barrier
- Stops spreading of sea lice